Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/RUB pulls back to close an early breakout gap lower towards 74.00 as the push lower resumes on a weaker greenback and firmer oil prices.
- RUB is broadly ignoring geopolitical risks from EU & US anti-Russian sentiment to focus on oil market upside and less noise from Navalny.
- Brent is currently trading at 13-month highs, buoyed by demand-side optimism ahead of API inventories today and reduced supply by Saudi for Feb & March.
- Both brent & WTI are trading in overbought territory, however, and may temper gains in the coming sessions if traders get jumpy and shift to profit-taking.
- Sell-side has become bullish RUB again, with a number of firms launching core long RUB positions targeting 4-6% gains towards 73-70 vs the $, provided risk sentiment remains favourable.
- Sup1: 73.9109, Sup2: 73.6452, Res1: 74.3420, Res2: 74.54