Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: Brexit is dominating the headlines. There have now been two
cabinet resignations this morning: the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
Esther McVey and, more importantly, Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab. The loss of
Raab will not only make it more difficult for May to get parliament on board,
but could also trigger a leadership challenge.
- Gilts have rallied hard with the longer end outperforming the curve. The
10-year gilt trades at 1.381% from a high of 1.486% while the 2s10s spread has
narrowed to 67.6bps from 71.7bps.
- US TSYs are also bid, with the 10-year 5bps richer.
- JGBs are broadly unmoved. Current yields: 2-year -0.141%, 10-year 0.104%,
- German yields have pushed lower across the curve with the 2-year edging down
to -0.604% from -0.576% and the 10-year is down to 0.351% from 0.406%.
- BTPs have sold off since the open with the 2s10s 4bps steeper.
- Short sterling futures are down 15 ticks in greens/blues. Euroo$ futures are
off 1.0-4.0 ticks across the strip.