Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- BRL the best performer yesterday surging nearly 2% versus Friday's lows. 5.00 remains the key technical/psychological hurdle on a closing basis, a sustained breach may target 4.82 June 2020 lows.
- The central bank will publish their quarterly inflation report on Thursday before Friday's mid-month IPCA inflation readings.
- Overnight Brazil's lower house approved the main text of the provisional measure that paves the way for the privatization of state-run power utility Eletrobras, with 258 votes in favour and 136 against, O Globo newspaper reported.
- Lawmakers will still analyse some changes proposed, according to the media outlet.
- The Bolsonaro administration expects to raise about 25 billion reais ($5 billion) from the share sale. The proceeds will go to the Treasury to pay for the renewal of concessions for Eletrobras hydroelectric plants and transmission lines.
- The government will retain a golden share to veto hostile takeovers and other strategic threats.