Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Bunds are outperforming Treasuries and gilts this morning with technicals dictating the divergences here amongst decent moves so far this week.
- Bunds yields yesterday moved below the mid-February gap at -0.4010% and the 200-dma at -0.3897% but the move was not consolidated as Bund yields closed above these levels. However, despite equities rebounding somewhat this morning, Bunds continue to press higher with these levels under pressure.
- Concerns surrounding the Delta variant continue to be the predominant talking point for markets, but there is also a view that some of the moves yesterday were a little too much, too fast. Hence, gilts and Treasuries are unch to a little lower this morning while peripheral spreads are mixed.
- The highlight on the data calendar will be US housing starts / building permits. There are no further ECB/Fed/BOE speakers due up later today.
- TY1 futures are down -0-2+ today at 134-19+ with 10y UST yields up 0.7bp at 1.197% and 2y yields down -0.6bp at 0.211%.
- Bund futures are up 0.33 today at 175.85 with 10y Bund yields down -2.6bp at -0.413% and Schatz yields down -1.1bp at -0.708%.
- Gilt futures are up 0.04 today at 129.99 with 10y yields down -1.7bp at 0.542% and 2y yields down -1.9bp at 0.057%.