Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STERLING SUMMARY: Cable: Aug9 NY range $1.2971-1.3011. Aug10 Asia open $1.3004,
range $1.2990-1.3015. Current $1.2993(0455GMT)
* Eur/Gbp: NY range Gbp0.9010-44. Asia open Gbp0.9040, range Gbp0.90315-0.9040.
* Risk aversion Jpy demand in early NY Wednesday saw Gbp/Jpy sales squeeze cable
down to $1.2971.
* Rate recovered back above $1.3000 ahead of the close, touched $1.3011.
* Early Asia extended move to $1.3015 ahead of Tokyo fix then eased off to
$1.2992 ahead of the European open.
* Cable moves tracked Eur/Usd, leaving Eur/Gbp contained within a tight
* Risk plays continue to dominate, more reports suggest recent dollar sell off
may have been overdone.
* UK IP and Mfg data 0830GMT. Market median 0.1%mm, -0.1%yy; 0.0%mm, 0.6%yy.
NIESR GDP estimate 1400GMT.
* Cable support $1.2970, $1.2953/50. Resistance $1.3030, $1.3050/55.