Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STERLING SUMMARY: Cable: Sep6 NY range $1.3035-82. Sep7 Asia open $1.3038, range
$1.3038-60. Current $1.3047(0453GMT)
* Eur/Gbp: NY range Gbp0.91315-0.9149. Asia open Gbp0.9140, range Gbp0.9139-41.
* Cable took full advantage of a softer Usd Wednesday, rallied to $1.3082 before
it reversed post fix to $1.3035.
* Rate slowly recovered to $1.3049 into the close. Asia marked a low at $1.3038
at the open then edged higher again.
* Rate met resistance into $1.3050 then 'spiked' to $1.3060 as market reacted to
comments suggesting N.Korea missile launch Sep9.
* As launch widely expected rate settled back between $1.3042/50 through balance
of the session.
* Apart from the N.Korea hiccup markets in Asia were seen basically settled
ahead of today's ECB meeting.
* Eur/Gbp was contained within a very tight range around Gbp0.9140.
* UK Halifax HPI due at 0730GMT provides domestic interest.
* Cable support $1.3035, $1.3020. Resistance $1.3080-85, $1.3100.