Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Treasuries have weakened in orderly fashion in European trading, with middling volumes (TYZ0 ~240k) to begin election day. Curve bear steepening as equities rally.
- The 2-Yr yield is up 0.4bps at 0.1585%, 5-Yr is up 1.1bps at 0.3861%, 10-Yr is up 2.5bps at 0.8688%, and 30-Yr is up 3bps at 1.6467%. Dec 10-Yr futures (TY) down 4.5/32 at 138-5 (L: 138-02.5 / H: 138-11).
- Dollar weaker (DXY -0.6%), equities up (S&P eminis +1.2%) in a risk-on move globally.
- Unclear whether that price action is consistent with a 'blue wave' scenario in the election; UK bookmarkers' odds actually showed Biden dipping to lowest probability in weeks (~60% vs ~40% for Trump) this morning, though perhaps that's profit taking as it's back to about 62%-38%.
- We put out our Fed/Election preview yesterday, as well as an election viewers' guide with timings for poll closings and what to watch on the night - let us know if you want a copy.
- Don't forget, data today too: 1000ET sees Sept Factory orders/final durable goods.
- In supply, $94B split across two auctions and three bills ($60B of 42-/119-day at 1130ET, $34B of 52-Wk at 1300ET).
- NY Fed buys ~$6.025B of 4.5-7Y Tsys before taking a couple of days off for the FOMC 2-day meeting.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.