July 22, 2022 11:48 GMT
- Proposal to oust Peru President, Pedro Castillo, only has 75 votes out of 87 needed, opposition lawmaker Patricia Chirinos said to Canal N.
- Centrist and leftist lawmakers don’t back the impeachment, Chirinos said
- To be approved, impeachment needs the support of the leftist leader Veronika Mendoza: Chirinos
- Separately, Peru Vice President Dina Boluarte is scheduled to speak with foreign press.
- Peru’s six communities refused to sign a final agreement with MMG’s Las Bambas copper mine after one month of talks, Alexander Anglas, lawyer of Huancuire community said in a text message.