Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Colombia Central Bank Review – June 2022
- On Thursday, BanRep raised the overnight lending rate by 150bps from 6.00% to 7.50%. Governor Villar announced that the decision was unanimous. Given the split decision in April, all four members joining the previous minority in voting for the more aggressive hike is a hawkish development.
- From the statement:
- "Today's decision is consistent with the strength of economic activity in recent quarters and will help to position monetary policy more quickly on a path that lowers inflation and converges with the target in the medium term. Going forward, the pace of changes in monetary policy will be data dependent.”
- BanRep acknowledged that economic growth surprised on the upside in the first quarter thanks to the build-up in domestic demand driven by household consumption. Accordingly, the central bank raised the 2022 GDP growth forecast to 6.3%.
- Governor Villar explained that given the fact that there is no longer slack in the economy in their view, BanRep will need to arrive at a restrictive level of policy to more quickly and credibly guide inflation expectations back to target.
- Full statement here: https://www.banrep.gov.co/en/banco-republicas-board-directors-agreed-150-basis-point-bp-increase-benchmark-interest-rate
- Both the minutes of the June meeting and June CPI inflation data will be published on Tuesday 5th July. The next BanRep meeting/decision will be held on July 29.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.