Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- "In light of the revision of the monetary policy path implied in its projections, the Committee evaluated a quicker reduction of monetary stimulus already on this meeting."
- Seems like a larger rate hike was discussed at last week's meeting.
- Minutes can be found here: https://www.bcb.gov.br/en/publications/copomminutes
- Committee decided that the best strategy would be to maintain the current pace of stimulus reduction but highlighting the possibility of a quicker adjustment in the next meeting. In the Committee's view, this strategy has the following two advantages:
- First, to accumulate more information regarding the traditional determinants of inflation.
- Second, to clarify the distinction between transparency about conditional projections and invariant monetary policy intentions.