Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Upbeat core CPI put a fresh bid into the AUD, which has cemented its status as the best G10 performer. Headline figure fell virtually in line with expectations but the trimmed mean print jumped to +2.1% Y/Y from +1.6% prior, putting the RBA's preferred underlying measure back above the lower boundary of its 2-3% target band for the first time since Q415.
- AUD/USD trades +33 pips at $0.7534 after topping out at $0.7536. The rate has pierced yesterday's high, familiar key technical levels remain in play.
- AUD/NZD has added 46 pips and sits at NZ$1.0518 at typing. Bulls need a breach of NZ$1.0612, which limited gains on Oct 12 & 13, to gain some fresh momentum. Conversely, a dip through the 50-DMA/Oct 22 low at NZ$1.0430/17 would please bears.
- AU/NZ 2-Year swap spread has moved away from recent cycle lows and last stands at around -133bp.
- AUD/JPY changes hands +38 pips at Y86.00, with bulls setting their sights on the recent cycle high of Y86.26. Meanwhile, bears look for a pullback under Oct 22 low of Y84.61.