Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Tsy futures surged after CPI Core miss (0.3% vs. 0.4% est), but just as quickly reverse (CPI MoM in-line with forecasted 0.5%) -- trading back near late overnight session lows. Volume surged on two-way flow, TYU >515k, yield curves bear steepened early.
- Tsys reversed losses/surged higher after particularly strong 10Y Note auction stopped through just over 3.0bp through WI at auction cutoff with 1.340% high yield. Tsy 10Y yields fell to session low of 1.3000% before late session bounce to 1.3202%. 2.65x bid-to-cover well above five auction avg: 2.43x while indirect take-up surged to 77.25% vs. 61.16% 5M avg.
- Fed speak was decidedly hawkish: Fed's George says 'Substantial Progress' already made; Dallas Fed Kaplan on CNBC (uber-hawk but non-voter) likes annc plan to taper at Sep FOMC, begin in October.
- The 2-Yr yield is down 2bps at 0.2186%, 5-Yr is down 1.4bps at 0.8115%, 10-Yr is down 0.9bps at 1.3405%, and 30-Yr is up 0.6bps at 2.0048%.