Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Covid cases rise to 9,149 overnight from 8,881 the prior day, coming closer to the 10k mark. NICD says SA is now officially in its 3rd wave with Gauteng the hardest hit.
- 1.52m people have received their first vaccination, with 40m needed to reach herd immunity.
- Nurses and doctors in Gauteng warning hospitals are struggling with capacity
- Analysts/Economists surprised by positive energy developments following Ramaphosa's boost to the self-generation threshold yesterday from 1MW to 100MW.
- However, SA does still face a 2-yr gap in supply and demand and is expected to face significant load-shedding in the near-term.
- Interestingly, this directly overruled Gwede Mantashe, resulting in calls for his replacement from analysts overnight
- Eskom moves down from stage 3 to stage 2 load-shedding which is expected to continue through to Sunday – Eskom Twitter