Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Covid cases reach 13,155
over the weekend with 112 deaths recorded and a positivity rate of 23.7%.
Officials say Gauteng's third wave has now overtaken the second (21% higher)
and still has weeks to go before it reaches its peak.
- Cases in Gauteng reached 8,400/day over the weekend. Doctors have warned that hospitals are at risk of being overwhelmed, but can still cope with the pressure at this stage
- Analysts say Magashule's court
challenge (due end of this week) is weakening the ANC ahead of local polls in a
few months. Ramaphosa and Magashule will face off this week in court after a delay
with Magahsule defending his position as SG by attempting to nullify the step
- ANC's top brass are expected to come out against Magashule in court, in what may be a pivotal moment for Ramaphosa's presidency.
- In an effort to find common
ground, the ANC has re-tabled some of its land expropriation proposals,
including that state custodianship be applicable to 'certain land' within the
context of expropriation.
- Opposition DA Party says "In its blind rush to ensure the passing of the amendment at all costs, the ANC has thrown out all reason and is now openly pandering to the EFF."
- Notes "State custodianship is nothing but just another byword for nationalisation of land under the administrative control of the ANC – a party that has proved itself time and again that it destroys everything that it purports to administer."