March 17, 2023 10:10 GMT
Crude Edges Higher After Volatile Week
Crude edges higher in calmer trading today with a quieter morning on updates to the banking sector risks. Support for troubled banking stocks has helped ease concerns and allowed crude to rebound from the low of 71.91$/bbl yesterday while a weaker US dollar is also providing support.
- The Dec23-Dec24 crude spreads are following the move to regain some lost ground but the front spreads remains down on the day.
- Brent MAY 23 up 1.5% at 75.81$/bbl
- WTI APR 23 up 1.8% at 69.56$/bbl
- WTI-Brent up 0.11$/bbl at -6.08$/bbl
- Brent MAY 23-JUN 23 down -0.07$/bbl at 0.34$/bbl
- Brent JUN 23-DEC 23 unchanged at 1.52$/bbl
- Brent DEC 23-DEC 24 up 0.2$/bbl at 2.57$/bbl