Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Another session of bear steepening continued to work in favour of longer-end yields, boosting 10y, 20y, 30y yields to their highest levels in at least three months. The steepening bias put 2y10y spreads above 125bps for the first time since June, as the normalization message put through by last week's Fed continues to filter into prices.
- Lack of a clear path for an extension of the US debt ceiling further unsettled investors, with Republicans and Democrats still at loggerheads on the most viable path to avoid a looming government shutdown.
- The US Treasury completed this week's bond issuance schedule with a 7yr sale. The deep concession built into the auction supported demand, with the sale resulting in only a relatively small tail.
- Focus Wednesday turns to pending home sales numbers as well as comments from Fed's Bullard, Harker Daly and Bostic. Fed Chair Powell appears at the ECB forum for central banking, speaking alongside Lagarde, Bailey and Kuroda.
- The Dec 21 T-Note future is down 9+ ticks at 131-16. The 2-Yr yield is up 2.3bps at 0.301%, 5-Yr yield up 3.3bps at 1.018%, 10-Yr yield up 4.3bps at 1.5305% while the 30-Yr yield is up 7.2bps at 2.0668%.