Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- This week, the CNB and NBH joined Russia, Turkey and Brazil in being the fourth and fifth central banks to start raising rates to curb the inflationary pressures among the major EM central banks.
- The CBRT, CBR and CBB started their tightening cycle earlier this year as the inflation risk was starting to surge amid strong economic and political uncertainty and currency weakness.
- Both Czech and Hungarian policymakers have hinted markets that they stand ready to hike interest rates gradually in the coming meetings.
- However, the uncertainty over the economic recovery remains elevated.
- Will EM central banks be able to raise quickly if economic uncertainty continues to increase?