Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Gilts have rallied through the day with yields now down towards the day's lows and the curve bull flattening.
- Speaking at Jackson Hole, BoE Governor Andrew Bailey has stressed that there remains considerable monetary ammunition to support the economy and that negative rates are part of the Bank's toolkit. The comments follow Fed Chair Powell's announcement yesterday that the FOMC will adopt an average inflation target.
- Cash yields are 4-5bp lower on the day. Last yields: 2-year -0.065%, 5-year -0.0115%, 10-year 0.3087%, 30-year 0.8760%. The 2s10s spread is 2bp wider.
- The short sterling futures strip has flattened with whites/reds up 0.5-1.0 ticks and greens/blues up 1.5-2.5 ticks.
- The DMO earlier sold GBP2.25bn of 1-/3-/6-month T-bills.
- The UK observes a national holiday on Monday.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.