Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Wall Street indices were driven to fresh highs Tuesday, with a series of expectations-beating earnings releases helping drive headlines higher. The e-mini S&P touched 4590 at the high, before prices faded somewhat following the opening bell.
- Utilities and healthcare names drove markets from the off, with just communication services and consumer discretionary sectors adding a headwind. A gap higher for Facebook shares at the open faded sharply ahead of the close, with the stock dropping as much as 5% and prompting tech names to underperform.
- European markets traded similarly positively, with the Stoxx600 narrowing in on - but not quite breaking - the earlier 2021 highs of 476.162.
- Focus remains on earnings, with Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Boeing, Bristol Myers-Squibb, General Motors and Ford on the docket. Full schedule including timings and estimates found here: https://marketnews.com/mni-us-earnings-schedule-bu...