January 25, 2023 11:57 GMT
Economic Activity Data Eyed, Pemex Bond issuance Plans
- Economic activity is expected to slow by -0.17 M/m, bringing the annual read down to 3.95% in November, down from 4.41% in October, according to the national statistics agency Inegi. Data is released at 1200GMT/0700ET.
- Unemployment rate and trade balance data are also due later this week.
- Billionaire Carlos Slim’s bank Inbursa will hold a media conference to announce an alliance, scheduled for 10am Mexico City time.
- On Tuesday, reports suggested that Pemex plans to issue bonds in the coming weeks as the state oil company looks to pay off maturities coming due in the first quarter, according to three people familiar with the situation.
- Pemex is likely to seek at least $2 billion in new issuance and needs to go to the market before a blackout period starting Feb. 12, one of the people said.