Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The price action early Tuesday has been to fade Monday afternoon's impressive core FI rally / bull flattening. Bear steepening in the Bund curve contrasts modestly with bear flattening in the Gilt curve.
- Periphery spreads are tightening, with Greece outperforming (10Y GGB in 2+bps vs Bunds).
- As with yesterday's start, the early tone has been largely risk-on: we're eyeing all-time highs in some European equity indices (Eurostoxx600 and FTSE 250).
- Not much in the way of key scheduled events outside of supply: Austria kicks off bond issuance for the week this morning with E1.495bln of 4/10-year RAGBs; UK sells GBP2.0bln of 30-year 1.25% Jul-51 Gilt.
- Sep Bund futures (RX) down 7 ticks at 176.75 (L: 176.69 / H: 176.93)
- Sep Gilt futures (G) up 5 ticks at 130.09 (L: 130.01 / H: 130.22)
- Sep BTP futures (IK) down 5 ticks at 154.79 (L: 154.74 / H: 154.94)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 0.8bps tighter at 105bps