Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Italian BTPs are the star of the European FI show Weds morning, with yields and spreads collapsing as ex-ECB Draghi meets Pres Mattarella to form a technocratic gov't. Core FI a little weaker.
- In supply, PGB 30-Yr syndication for E3bn well-received (books >E40bn); UK sold GBP2.75bn of Jul-31 Gilt.
- Mixed PMIs this morning (Spain -ve, Italy +ve) and high inflation readings (EZ core +1.4% Y/Y vs 0.9% exp) provided some food for thought on the data front but apart from knee-jerk moves haven't really had a lasting impact.
- Now awaiting US Data/speakers, and further Draghi news. Our BOE meeting (Thurs) preview has just gone out (click here for link).
- Mar Bund futures (RX) down 16 ticks at 176.59 (L: 176.38 / H: 176.7)
- Mar Gilt futures (G) down 12 ticks at 133.63 (L: 133.46 / H: 133.69)
- Mar BTP futures (IK) up 114 ticks at 152.11 (L: 151.58 / H: 152.29)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 10.7bps tighter at 103.3bps