Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The German curve has bull flattened with Gilts trading mixed. Core FI futures have come well off morning lows despite sustained gains in equities and significant supply, with periphery spreads tightening.
- Bund future briefly through (but now below) resistance at 171.84 (previous day's high); Gilt future remained capped by resistance at Sep 16 high of 127.68.
- Plenty of supply, with E3bln of 7Y Bund, E1bln of Finnish RFGB, and large syndication of inaugural Green gilt (GBP10bln size on books > GBP100bln).
- Greece the outperformer so far after ECB's Stournaras saying he expects the ECB to buy Greek debt post-PEPP.
Checking on levels:
- Dec Bund futures (RX) up 28 ticks at 171.83 (L: 171.27 / H: 171.96)
- Dec Gilt futures (G) up 11 ticks at 127.56 (L: 127.21 / H: 127.69)
- Dec BTP futures (IK) up 51 ticks at 154.24 (L: 153.72 / H: 154.41)
- Dec OAT futures (OA) up 30 ticks at 168.15 (L: 167.63 / H: 168.32)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 1.9bps tighter at 101.6bps