- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI China Daily Summary: Tuesday, June 6
EGBs-GILTS CASH CLOSE: Monumental Moves Monday
The recent bull flattening in core European FI accelerated Monday, with longer-end yields having one of their best sessions since March 2020.
- Though there was no data or bond issuance Monday, risk-off was the order of the day, with equity indices dropping 2-3% and periphery spreads wider. Fears of COVID resurgence restraining the recovery was the proximate trigger, with the move accelerating as US traders came in.
- While the move faded a bit in the last two hours of cash trade, we still closed at post-Feb 2021 lows for 10Y Bund and Gilt yields.
- New BoE MPC member Mann said she doesn't expect currently high inflation to persist.
- On Tuesday, ECB's Villeroy speaks, while Germany sells E4bln of Bund and UK sells GBP1.25bln of Oct-71 Gilt.
Closing Yields / 10-Yr Periphery EGB Spreads To Germany
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is down 0.7bps at -0.691%, 5-Yr is down 2bps at -0.656%, 10-Yr is down 3.3bps at -0.386%, and 30-Yr is down 4.4bps at 0.088%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is down 3.7bps at 0.081%, 5-Yr is down 5.2bps at 0.276%, 10-Yr is down 6.6bps at 0.56%, and 30-Yr is down 8.2bps at 1.031%.
- Italian BTP spread up 3.9bps at 109.9bps / Spanish up 2.3bps at 66.3bps
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.