Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
German and UK yields finished a little off session lows after what appeared to be late-afternoon (1500BST onward) profit-taking into the close Tuesday as equities bounced.
- Curves flattened, with short-end weakening (Gilts notably so ahead of BoE decision Thursday). 10Y Bund yields touched a fresh 6-month low at -0.492%; Gilts went as low as 0.50% (near the Jul low). Periphery EGB spreads edged lower.
- Today, Austria sold E1.3bln of 4-/10-Yr RAGBs, and the UK sold E2.0bln of Jul-51 Gilt. Wednesday sees Germany sell E4bln of Bobl.
- Little in data / speakers; Weds sees final Services PMIs, with first/only readings for Spain and Italy.
Closing Yields / 10-Yr Periphery EGB Spreads To Germany
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is up 0.4bps at -0.771%, 5-Yr is up 0.7bps at -0.748%, 10-Yr is up 0.5bps at -0.482%, and 30-Yr is unchanged at -0.011%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is up 2.3bps at 0.057%, 5-Yr is up 0.5bps at 0.23%, 10-Yr is down 0.1bps at 0.52%, and 30-Yr is down 1.2bps at 0.946%.
- Italian BTP spread down 1bps at 104.8bps / Spanish down 0.5bps at 71.5bps