Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The UK and German curves bull flattened Wednesday with periphery spreads slightly wider, ahead of the US Federal Reserve decision after hours.
- UK inflation data came out on the high side (2.1% Y/Y in May vs 1.8% consensus), but breakevens actually headed lower over the day after the initial jump (in a move similar to the US inflation data shockers in Apr and May).
- Bond supply came from the UK (Gilts, GBP2.5bn) and Germany (Bunds, EUR4.085bn allotted). Italy also conducted a tap issuance for specialists (E1.5B total).
Closing German/UK Yields And 10-Yr Spreads To Germany
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is down 0.5bps at -0.677%, 5-Yr is down 1.6bps at -0.619%, 10-Yr is down 1.8bps at -0.25%, and 30-Yr is down 1.7bps at 0.305%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is down 0.3bps at 0.077%, 5-Yr is down 0.6bps at 0.325%, 10-Yr is down 1.9bps at 0.739%, and 30-Yr is down 1.9bps at 1.257%.
- Italian BTP spread up 0.8bps at 102.8bps/ Spanish spread up 0.6bps at 64.7bps