Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Bunds and Gilts have bounced back sharply from worst levels but remain lower on the session, with BTPs once again outperforming (and equities higher). Heavy supply schedule eyed.
- In auctions, UK sells GBP4bn in Jan-26 and Oct-71 Gilt; Germany sells E6bn of Schatz. Finland (30-Yr), Cyprus (5-Yr), Belgium (50-Yr) all holding syndications today meanwhile.
- French flash CPI came in on the high side of expectations; we get Italy and Eurozone Q4 prelim GDP data later. ECB's de Cos speaks at 1500GMT.
- We continue to await news on the formation of a new Italian government, with PM Conte set to speak to Pres Mattarella again today - BTPs taking in stride though.
- Mar Bund futures (RX) down 24 ticks at 176.98 (L: 176.79 / H: 177.23)
- Mar Gilt futures (G) down 29 ticks at 133.78 (L: 133.65 / H: 133.95)
- Mar BTP futures (IK) down 8 ticks at 151.28 (L: 151.04 / H: 151.35)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 1.4bps tighter at 112.3bps