Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Bunds are retracing some of Thursday's post-ECB strength, with Gilts fairly flat and periphery spreads tighter to start Friday.
- Jun flash PMI data is the morning focus: France disappointed slightly, Germany beat. The latter saw a knee-jerk dive in Bund futures, though they have clawed back most losses.
- Eurozone up at 0900BST, UK at 0930BST. UK Jun retail sales were largely in line with expectations.
- Only central bank communication is ECB SPF at 0900BST; only supply is UK bills.
- Sep Bund futures (RX) down 6 ticks at 175.88 (L: 175.71 / H: 175.95)
- Sep Gilt futures (G) down 2 ticks at 129.66 (L: 129.5 / H: 129.68)
- Sep BTP futures (IK) up 26 ticks at 154.09 (L: 153.83 / H: 154.13)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 1.9bps tighter at 104.4bps