May 06, 2022 07:25 GMT
- European Parliament says Turkey has intentionally “destroyed” is chances of joining the EU opening new chapters by jailing Osman Kavala for life.
- The EP called the jailing “unjust, unlawful and illegitimate,” demanding his immediate release. EU’s Borrell said Turkey must make sustained progress in respect of fundamental rights. As a long-standing member of the CoE Turkey must implement ECHR decisions. – Ahval
- Several key US congress members have stated their inclination to sell Turkey 40 F-16 jets & 80 modernisation kits, despite Turkey’s S-400s according to a report on Thursday.
- Chair of the House of Foreign affairs committee said “we need to work with Turkey & others that are working with us against Russia. They’ve shown some movements in the right direction” – Sabah
- Turkish Cypriot President Tatar says Greek Cypriots have started an “aggressive armament programme to shed blood.” He also said that Western nations are in a race to arm Greek Cyprus, notin the weapons worth EUR300m had been sent to the south of the island. – Turkiye
- 1230BST: Apr Effective exchange rate, 54.01 prior
Keep reading...Show less