May 20, 2022 16:05 GMT
Trading weaker at he moment, reversing early session gains to near lows after recent London session close. Sell-off paused briefly amid program buying on the lows last 15 minutes.
- No more earnings today after Foot Locker revenue beat (FL +5.78% at 32.05). Next week: Best Buy (BBY) reports early Tuesday, Toll Bros (TOL) after the close Tue along w/ Intuit (INTU) and Nordstrom (JWN).
- SPX emini futures currently -33.5 (-0.86%) at 3865, Dow Industrials -228.53 (-0.73%) at 31025.84, Nasdaq -128.4 (-1.1%) at 11260.03.
- Technicals, nearing key resistance / bear trigger of 3855.00, May 12 low. A break would resume the downtrend and open 3843.25, the Mar 25 2021 low (cont).
- SPX leading/lagging sectors: Real Estate (+0.34%) investment funds outperforming, Energy (+0.30%) lead by energy equipment and services, Health Care (+0.11%) as biotech/pharmaceuticals see support.
- Laggers: Consumer Discretionary (-1.98%) w/ auto shares underperforming (Tesla -6.05% to 666.50) followed by Industrials (-1.60%) as road and rail names under pressure for a second day running.
- Dow Industrials Leaders/Laggers: Amgen (AMGN) +1.69 at 246.46, outpacing Merck (MRK) +1.04 at 93.13.
- Laggers: Caterpillar (CAT) -4.96 at 202.98, Boeing (BA) -6.62 at 120.52 and Home Depot (-5.42 at 282.34.