Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Erdogan dismisses three central bank MPC members, including two deputy Governors in midnight decree following a meeting with CBRT Gov Kavcioglu, who survived the ordeal.
- Those dismissed include: Semih Tumen, Ugur Namik Kucuk & Abdullah Yavas and replaced by Taha Cakmak (DG) & Yusuf Tuna (MPC member).
- This follows a report on Friday showing that Erdogan and the governor had not spoken in weeks and that he was at risk of dismissal himself. No reason was provided for the dismissal
- Yesterday Cavusoglu hit out at the Russia and US for failing to keep their promises in Syria, forcing Turkey to "take matters into its own hands" and do "whatever is necessary to clear these regions of terrorists."
- Comes as markets show concern over a new, escalated campaign which saw the lira weaken slightly on recent comments
- Coalition Govt in Turkish Cyprus offers its resignation to President Tatar after losing its majority in parliament and said an early election should be held as soon as possible.
- Tatar says he is still assessing the situation before commenting
- Covid cases exceed 33,000 in Turkey & 237 deaths. HealthMin Koca warns of a stagnation in vaccination rates with he number stalling out around 54.9% fully vaccinated