Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
EURO-DOLLAR: Eur/Usd: Asia open $1.1799, range $1.1788-1.1804. Europe open
$1.1798, range $1.1774-1.1801.
* Corrective pullback away from Thursday's high of $1.1815 saw rate open Asia
* Rate blipped up to $1.1804 in react to German press report suggesting ECB to
discuss taper at Sep meet, vote in Oct.
* Positive react didn't last long as most forecast this scenario, needing
official rubber stamp to excite.
* Rate extended pullback to $1.1788 with recovery efforts ahead of Europe capped
* Early Europe applied heavier downside weight which took rate to an extended
low of $1.1774.
* Bank reports suggest market long Eur/Usd ahead of Jackson Hole. Position
adjustment paring applied minor pressure.
* Eur/Usd recovered late Europe morning but resistance between $1.1800/04