Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
EURO-DOLLAR: EUR/USD has stuck to a ~10-pip range thus far, last ~$1.1510, after
EUR/USD was dragged from its $1.1543 peak on Thursday as MNI sources reported
that the ECB could be considering a Fed twist-like operation.
- Thursday also saw the Italian government formally target GDP growth of 1.5% in
2019, 1.6% in 2020 & 1.4% in 2021, which many view as optimistic.
- Late Thursday ECB's Coeure stated that the "ECB sees a gradual build-up in
price pressures" and that the Bank "needs a bit more time to stabilize inflation
- Despite reclaiming the $1.1500 level the pair's recovery lacks momentum and
the broader downtrend remains intact.
- Comments from ECB's Knot & de Guindos will headline on Friday, with the
Italian budget situation remaining front and centre.