Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: European PMIs have been the focus of core bond markets this
- Bund, gilt and UST futures sold off on the release of better than expected
French PMI data before moves were largely reversed on the release of worse than
expected German PMI data (albeit with German manufacturing PMI ticking up
slightly vs September). The pan-Eurozone PMIs both disappointed by 0.1 with
details very disappointing as new orders fell and future expectations of output
fell to teh lowest level since May 2013.
- Brexit headlines have not been market moving today with most comments from EU
policymakers saying that an extension will be approved, but the length of the
extension remains unclear.
- The ECB is the main event of the day with the Q&A the highlight with questions
expected to focus on the internal disagreements, issue/issuer limits, tiering
and the fiscal response.
- TY1 futures are up 0-0+ today at 129-28 with Bund futures down -0.22 at 171.45
and Gilt futures down -0.07 at 132.11.