Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The rising fear of an Evergrande bankruptcy combined with the strong USD have been weighing on EM equites in the past two weeks.
- In addition, the sharp contraction in Chinese liquidity in the past 10 months has also been weighing on EM risky assets, and is currently pricing in lower EM stocks in the near term.
- EM equities keep testing lower highs since their peak reached in mid-February, indicating that the momentum looks currently bearish.
- The chart below shows that the MXEF Index (MSCI EM) fell below the 1,285 support this week, which represents the 23.6% Fibo retracement of the 751.80 - 1,449.40 range.
- Next support to watch on the topside stands at 1,200, which corresponds to the low of its LT downward trending channel.