May 05, 2022 06:59 GMT
- Security expert says Turkey-Israel rapprochment opens doors to cooperation in key fields of energy and security. FM Cavusoglu is expected to visit Israel later this month (24 May) after a decade of fractured ties.
- Western sanctions create opportunities for them to bring Israeli natural gas to Europe via a planned subsea East Med pipeline. Cooperation in security and arms sales could also be a product of an eventual normalisation in ties, which could also improve US-Turkey relations by proxy - Sabah
- While the traditional maturity structure of the banking sector in lira deposits is limited to 32 days, FX-protected lira deposit scheme seems to have changed the situation.
- According to BRSA data, lira deposits with a maturity of 3-6 months increased by 323% in March 2022 and lira deposits with a maturity of 6-12 months increased by 514% compared to the same month of the previous year. – Dunya (https://blinks.bloomberg.com/news/stories/RBE5U9MB...)
- An 8-stage plan will come into effect for the voluntary return project announced for Syrian refugees. Voluntary repatriation will be initiated from densely populated areas in metropolitan cities such as Ankara, Istanbul , Konya, Adana, Gaziantep. Voluntary returns will take place in regions where military and political stability and security are ensured – Sabah