Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Economic Sentiment Indicator (ESI): 90.9; Prev (Sep): 90.9
Consumer: -15.5(Sep: -13.9); Industry: -9.6(Sep: -11.4); Services: -11.8 (Sep: -11.2); Retail: -6.9 (Sep: -8.6); Construction: -8.4 (Sep: -9.5)
- The EZ ESI remained unchanged in Oct at Sep's level of 90.9, coming in slightly stronger than markets expected.
- Consumer sentiment registered in line with the flash result, showing a drop to the lowest level since May amid the resurgence of infection numbers.
- Industry confidence improved further in Oct, rising by 1.8pt and marking the sixth consecutive uptick and showing the highest level since Feb.
- On the other hand, service sentiment eased 0.6pt in Oct following fourth successive months of gains.
- Both retail trade and construction sentiment recovered further in Oct with both indicators showing the highest level since the start of the pandemic.
- Meanwhile, the employment expectations index fell 0.8pt in Oct, declining to a two-month low.