Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
EZ MAR FLASH HICP +0.9% M/M; +1.3% Y/Y; FEB +0.9% Y/Y
EZ MAR FLASH CORE HICP +1.0% M/M; +0.9% Y/Y; FEB +1.1% Y/Y
- EZ inflation accelerated to 1.3% in Mar, coming in slightly weaker than markets expected (BBG: +1.4%) and marking the highest level since Jan 2020.
- Core inflation eased to 0.9%, showing a three-month low and registering below market forecasts (BBG: +1.1%)
- Energy inflation was the main driver of Mar's uptick, rising by 4.3% after falling by 1.7% in the previous month.
- Services inflation ticked up by 0.1pp to 1.3% in Mar, while food prices decelerated by 0.2pp to 1.1%.
- Non-energy industrial goods prices fell to 0.3% in Mar, down from 1.0% seen in Feb, hitting a three-month low.
- Among the member states, Luxembourg (2.4%), Germany and Austria (both +2.0%) showed the largest HICP rates, while Greece (-2.0%) saw the only decline in consumer prices.