Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EZ NOV UNEMPLOYMENT RATE 8.3%; OCT 8.4%
- The EZ jobless rate edged lower to 8.3 in Nov, beating markets looking for a small uptick.
- This marks the fourth successive decrease and the lowest level since June.
- However, the unemployment rate is 0.9pp higher than a year ago.
- Among the member states, Spain (16.4%), Lithuania (10.4%) and Italy (8.9%) recorded the largest jobless rates in the EZ, while the Netherlands (4.0%), Germany (4.5%) and Malta (4.8%) saw the smallest unemployment rates in Nov.
- Youth unemployment (under 25s) rose further in Nov, ticking up to 18.4% and marking a three-month high.
- Both overall male and female unemployment eased by 0.1pp in Nov to 7.9% and 8.8%, respectively.