Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI DATA FORECASTS: Fed, BOE To Lead
Fed Points To Higher Terminal Rate & Potential Slowing Of Pace Of Hikes
TYZ2 deals around late NY lows, -0-12+ at 110-07+.
- Cash Tsys were 5-7.5bp cheaper across the curve on Wednesday, bear flattening. Cash Tsys will be closed in Asia hours owing to a Japanese holiday.
- The latest FOMC decision delivered the widely expected unanimous 75bp rate hike.
- The statement saw the Fed continue to stress the need for further tightening, highlighting a ned for “sufficiently restrictive” policy settings, although the Fed explicitly stated that “the Committee will take into account the cumulative tightening of monetary policy, the lags with which monetary policy affects economic activity and inflation,” which gave the initial release a dovish feel, triggering a rally in Tsys.
- Chair Powell’s press conference put Tsys on the backfoot into the close, allowing the space to print fresh session cheaps. Powell pointed to a move higher in terminal rate expectations alongside a more challenging inflation outlook, reiterating that the Fed still has “a ways to go” (and “ground to cover”) on rate hikes, while indicating a narrower path to a soft economic landing. Powell also maintained a preference towards overtightening vs. undertightening. Still, he did indicate likely discussions surrounding a stepdown in the pace of tightening in December.
- Looking ahead, Thursday’s London docket is headlined by the latest BoE decision (with consensus looking for a 75bp hike after the recent fiscal saga), with the NY docket including the ISM services survey, Challenger job cuts, weekly jobless claims data and factory goods orders.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.