May 03, 2022 07:19 GMT
LOCAL NEWS (Eid Al-Fitr Holiday)
- FinMin Nebati says Turkey will shortly introduce inflation-linked bonds to help protect savings. Says Govt has completed work on the new products and will decide on timing of issuance within the framework of market conditions and Treasury borrowing strategies once other operational processes have been completed – Ahval
- Zelensky complains of Turkey’s double standards on Russian tourist following measures to boost its attractiveness for Russians. Govt has laid out $300m in loans to support tourism companies, facilitated additional flights to Russia and made it easier for Russians to access payment methods ahead of its tourism season.
- Officials remain optimistic that Turkey will exceed its target for $35bn in revenue this season – Duvar
- Istanbul inflation surges to 80% in April according to the Istanbul chamber of commerce on Sunday. Erdogan said at the weekend that expects inflation to fall from May.
- Transport prices surged by 118%, household expenditures by 93.12% & food prices by 84.4% - Ahval