Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- RES 4: 1.3210 Former trendline support drawn off the Mar 20 low
- RES 3: 1.3174 61.8% retracement of the Sep 1 - 23 sell-off
- RES 2: 1.3083 High Oct 12
- RES 1: 1.3065 Intraday high
- PRICE: 1.3040 @ 10:30 BST Oct 21
- SUP 1: 1.2863 Low Oct 14 and key near-term support
- SUP 2: 1.2846 Low Oct 7
- SUP 3: 1.2806 Low Sep 30
- SUP 4: 1.2745 Low Sep 28
GBPUSD is firmer this but still remains below the Oct 12 high of 1.3083. A break is needed to resume the recent uptrend that would open 1.3000 and 1.3210. The latter is the former trendline support drawn off the Mar 20 low. The trendline was breached on Sep 9 and a return above it is required to strengthen a bullish theme. Firm near-term support lies at 1.2863, Oct 14 low. A breach would signal a resumption of bearish pressure.