Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
All focus on the elections for heads of the Lower House and Senate today. We are not expected to receive an outcome before local market close.
- It has been reported that proceedings should begin from 1700GMT/1400Local
- 5pm local, the deadline for registering applications ends. After this deadline, the order of the candidates will be drawn on the electronic ballot box.
- 7pm local, the process of choosing the new president is scheduled to begin. Under the House Rules, for a candidate to be elected, he needs an absolute majority of votes, that is, 257 of the 513 votes available.
- A more detailed outlook to follow.
* USDBRL opening 0.7% lower in line with the bounce in risk with 5.50-5.53 resistance holding and becoming a more notable technical level going forward.