Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The broader defensive tone supported JGB futures in overnight trade, although the contract pulled back from best levels to close +9 vs. Tokyo settlement levels, with the dip from the overnight peak coming alongside a similar move in U.S. Tsys. Technical resistance in the form of the July 7 high (152.59) was not tested.
- Desks continue to question whether 10s will test/break through the 0% yield level after printing as low as 0.01% (again) on Monday, with most suggesting that a break back into negative territory is somewhat unlikely.
- Japan's government left its monthly economic assessment unchanged for a third straight month when it released the latest report on the matter on Monday, but upped its assessment of business conditions as the economy continues to recover from the pandemic.
- Local headlines continue to focus on the COVID situation, with NHK suggesting that Hokkaido prefecture will seek "quasi-virus emergency measures."
- National CPI data headlines the local docket on Tuesday, with a liquidity enhancement auction for off-the-run JGBs with 5- to 15.5-Years until maturity also due.