Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Norges Bank Market News
Norway's Norges Bank has responsibility not just for monetary policy but also financial stability and it manages the country's vast sovereign wealth fund, the Government Pension Fund Global (GPFG). A single body, the Monetary Policy and Financial Stability Committee, integrates decision making on the monetary and stability wings and comprises the Governor, two Deputy Governors and two external members. It meets eight times a year but four are interim meetings. The focus is on the other four meetings, those that are accompanied by a Monetary Policy Report which contains the committee's collective projection of future policy rates. Norges Bank is owned by the state and the government sets its inflation objective, currently at 2%.
- Exclusive Norges Insight stories - based on extensive reporting by MNI journalists.
- Exclusive on-the-record interviews with Norges Bank officials.
- MNI Central bank policy analysis – before and after key meetings. This includes:
- MNI POV (Point of View) – The MNI Market team's view on what the key themes to watch in the decision/press conference/forecasts and possible market reaction.
- MNI Central Bank Data Watch - key economic variables that are important to global markets and percentage movements since the last central bank meeting.
- Market-leading insights into central bank policy, from sell-side note summaries to full meeting previews/reviews for major central banks.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.