Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: G10 FX space is back from extremes but the risk-off theme still clearly
dominates price action. Worrying updates on Wuhan coronavirus have piled up over
the weekend and into the Asia-Pac session, inspiring participants to look for
safety. The counts of deaths & confirmed infections in China have continued to
increase, prompting the authorities to extend Lunar New Year holidays. JPY leads
gains in the G10 basket, with USD/JPY gapping lower at the open & operating
below the Y109.00 mark at typing. CHF is also bid on the back of risk aversion.
- The Antipodeans underperform all of their G10 peers. The local press reported
that a fifth person in Australia may be infected with coronavirus. AUD/USD
tested the $0.6800 figure to the downside, but has failed to sink below so far.
- Defying the "death cross" formation, USD/CNH has surged past the CNH6.95 mark.
- Highlighted risk-off moves have occurred as liquidity is sapped by market
holidays in China, Australia, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and
Malaysia & a regional holiday in Auckland, New Zealand.
- German Ifo Survey and U.S. new home sales take focus from here.