Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: GBP surges on strong UK Services PMI data
- A largely uneventful morning sparked into life following the release of strong
UK Services PMI. GBPUSD was initially pressured in early Europe by the
broader-based firmer dollar, before support ahead of $1.3300 cushioned falls.
Rate held firm ahead of the UK data and surged on a stronger-than-expected
release of 54.0 to $1.3381. This was the highest reading since Feb, Markit also
noted UK GDP is now estimated to grow at a quarterly rate of 0.3% to 0.4% in Q2.
- USDJPY briefly touched Y110.00, but as the USD unwound drifted to Y109.75/80.
The 200-dma at Y110.21 seen as key tech resistance.
- EURUSD comfortably holds above $1.1700, just off its best levels of the
- The RBA left rates on hold as expected with the statement offering few
surprises. It introduced risk factors on Italy and some EM countries and removed
reference to the reduction of spare capacity. AUDUSD witnessed limit react to
hold a narrow 30 pip range.
- NZD showed modest gains to $0.7045 ahead of today's dairy auction.