Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: GBP took focus in early Asia-Pac trade after a single vote in the Commons
tipped the balance in favour of a bill, which forces the gov't to avoid a
no-deal Brexit. The document still has to be approved by the upper chamber, but
most expect the Lords to give a thumbs up. Cable jumped ~25 pips on the news.
- NZD outperformed at the margin, as optimism re: Sino-U.S. trade talks remained
- USD/CNH is nearing its 21-DMA of CNH6.7199 at typing.
- Elsewhere, risk appetite struggled for clear direction and G10 crosses
generally stuck to tight ranges, in the absence of regional data releases.
- Fed's Kashkari backed the Fed's recent pivot to patience, while BoJ Gov Kuroda
reiterated that the BoJ will maintain its easy policy to meet the 2% CPI target.
- Focus today turns to German factory orders, Brexit matters in the UK, and ECB
March MonPol meeting minutes. Fed's Mester and Harker are set to deliver
speeches. Also worth noting China & Hong Kong are preparing for a long holiday
weekend, starting on Friday.