Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: Gilts are stronger as Brexit heads into the beginning of the
endgame, with skepticism that PM May will see her deal through.
- The Dec 18 Gilt future is up 26 ticks at 122.00, having traded in a range of
- The 2-Yr yield is down 2.9bps at 0.773%, 5-Yr is down 3bps at 1.055%, 10-Yr is
down 3.7bps at 1.484%, and 30-Yr is down 2.7bps at 1.948%.
- Cabinet meeting at 1400GMT sees PM May try to get her Brexit deal signed off.
Key Brexiters Gove, Javid said to back deal, among others.
- While it looks like Cabinet will agree, resistance from Labour, hard-line
Conservative Brexiteers & the DUP could sink it in Parliament.
- Sterling and FTSE both weaker, suggesting risk appetite hardly robust.
- If anyone is still paying attention to UK data amid all this, CPI out at
0930GMT. MNI median anticipates a rise in the headline rate to 2.5% (Sep: 2.4%),
however core CPI is expected to remain unchanged from Sep's reading (1.9%).