Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: Gilts are trading steady to modestly lower with the yield curve
steepening slightly as the ultra long-end underperforms the rest of the curve,
as markets digest latest round of Brexit talks and a more conciliatory tone from
the US on trade with the EU.
- 2-yr Gilt yield is +0.5bp at 0.766%, 5-yr -0.1bp at 1.028%, 10-yr +0.7bp at
1.288%, 30-yr +0.7bp at 1.735% and 50-yr +1.4bp at 1.583% according to Tradeweb
- The EU's chief negotiator has ruled out allowing the UK to collect customs
duties on its behalf, saying that it could not delegate "excises duty collection
to a non-member". Although both RAAB and Barnier said that progress had been
made, "obstacles" remain in being able to reach a deal by October. While this
morning Barnier was quoted as saying that UK white paper proposals cause the EU
- There has been very little action in Short Sterling so far with the strip
steady to 1 tick lower with the exception of Dec18 contract which is 1 tick up
- With a dearth of UK data or official speakers scheduled for today attention is
on advance US Q2 GDP which everyone seems to be getting very excited about.